Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, May 08, 2009

Self-Portraiture: a Series, No.4

So now, take a look at this one -
self chunky
- !!! Look how FAT this guy is! I'm not that fat! I love it.

The thing with drawing in MS Paint is, it's kind of like Etch-A-Sketch, in that if your first line's bad, attempts to go back and correct it are probably not going to help. So you eventually find out that if you make a mistake, you're better off just sort of rolling with it. Incorporate it into however the drawing wants to go.

You end up with some pretty cool characters, albeit the resemblance suffers! And when a self-portrait is what you're after, you also end up with some pretty goofy-looking selves!

But I love this guy. Look at him! I bet he has a happy life.

And you'd think so. But wait 'til you see the next one!

No comments: