Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, May 08, 2009

What Is Your Country?

Yeah, I was filling out some thing, and there was a drop-down menu for What Is Your Country?

And it had 'Afghanistan' at the top.

I wasn't too keen on that, OK? I kind of like it when they put 'United States of America' ahead of everybody else's damn alphabetical order (the REAL class acts also include it in under 'U' - bonus!). Wasn't what that whole "New World Order" was supposed to be about? I guess maybe that whole dream didn't pan out, but damn.

It's where we belong. On top. Out in front. Defending Democracy. Or whatever. Defending Constitutional Republicracy.

Anyhow, putting aside that mild affront to my bias, I can understand how others, primarily pedants and terrorists, might want to see 'Afghanistan' get the nod for the top spot. Fine, if that's the kind of world we want.

FINE.

No comments: