Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, May 16, 2009

What's a dogimo?

I'm kind of mad, because when I started this damn thing there didn't seem to be anyone really going by dogimo. And I Googled it! And I am an expert googler!

Seriously, I am an expert googler. I'm a real good googler. Like, googleo experto. I use google to find things around the house. I'm like, "where are my keys?" Google Them.

There they are.

I always find myself wishing I could google up past events in my life that I've grown hazy on. The tech's not there yet, but I assure you it will be. They're googling for it right now. In the future, almost all science will be done by googling for it. Even research, and inventions.

So anyway, when I first started this damn thing, nobody else really seemed to be using dogimo as a handle. So I took it, and it was fine, and after a while I noticed this other guy was using it, and he said that "dogimo" was a term for a Japanese person who...I'm going on memory here...loved the English language but had never been outside of Japan??? Something like that??? Anyhow, I don't know. That guy was around for a while, but he's disappeared now, at least as I check today.

But over time, simply hundreds of other dogimos have crept in! And I guess it's no big deal, but it sure makes me feel less special. And it's kind of inconvenient, too. I tried registering at YouTube and there's some other dogimo already there, now. I mean, what was I supposed to do, go around to every service and log in and register and claim my handle? Right from the get-go?

I only picked this damn name because my other handle was taken in the first place!

1 comment:

Sean Scully said...

You know, I thought "seanibus" would be bulletproof too in terms of originality, but damned if there isn't some punk using it online. And he lives in Philadelphia too. What are the chances?