Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, May 11, 2009

What's More Important? POLL CLOSED

The poll is closed, the results are in - these results are FINAL & BINDING:
HERE is WHAT IS MORE IMPORTANT:
1. Good Sense Of Humor 6 (18%)
1. Magnesium 6 (18%)

3. The Invention Of The English Longbow 5 (15%)

4. Rock And Roll 4 (12%)

5. Big Tits 3 (9%)
5. Shared Interests 3 (9%)

7. Nice Ass 2 (6%)
7. Well Hung 2 (6%)

9. Nice Personality 1 (3%)
9. A Reliable Breadwinner 1 (3%)

11. Afghanistan 0 (0%)
11. The War On Drugs 0 (0%)
11. The Battle Of New Orleans 0 (0%)
11. The Mahabharata 0 (0%)
11. Hitler 0 (0%)

So, quite a few ties in there! Let me break down the results for you:

Tied for 1st we have Magnesium (without which none of the others would be possible) and Good Sense of Humor (without which many of the others would be unbearable). Seems fitting enough!

Coming in 3rd we have The Invention Of The English Longbow - a surprise front-runner throughout much of the poll! And inarguably of critical importance, from a historical perspective. At #4: Rock and Roll. Yes, it's hard to argue with that. Some might even say that those who put the "objectively more important" things above Rock and Roll have got their priorities all wrong.

Tied for #5 at 3 votes: Shared Interests and Big Tits. Big Tits were holding firm at 2 for a good long time, and I had a feeling that 2 would be how they'd end up. That would have been poetically apropos. Because 3 seems a little...odd. But then, if they'd held at 2, all the "anatomy" options would all be tied in importance. Which would be kind of a letdown. You'd like to be able to give the nod to one of them over the others, and now we can, and so there it is: I know which way my readership leans. From a statistical standpoint at least. I was glad to see Shared Interests finish strong - for a while it seemed nobody thought that was important at all!

Tied for #7 at 2 votes apiece: Nice Ass and Well Hung. 'Nuff said.

Tied for #9: Nice Personality and A Reliable Breadwinner - one vote apiece. I bet I know who voted for Reliable Breadwinner. Nice Personality, I think was victimized by a "vote-split" effect from Good Sense of Humor. In retrospect, I probably should have only included one or the other, since most people would reason "I don't know how many people with 'good personality' have no sense of humor!" The reverse is not so true, but still.

No love for Afghanistan, The War On Drugs, The Battle Of New Orleans, The Mahabharata, or Hitler. I was kind of surprised to see zero for The Battle of N.O., but maybe the historians amongst the readership recognized that as the potential vote-splitter it was, and all decided to back the front-runner English Longbow instead. Which was very nearly a winning strategy! So, can't say I blame them. Go Historians! Solidarity!

As for me, I voted Magnesium.

No comments: