Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Which Member of My Immediate Family Are You?

I'd love to make up one of those internet quizzes of my own! Only instead of: "Which U.S.S. Enterprise Crewmember Are You?" or "Which Hobbit Are You?" or "Which Ewok Are You?", it would be "Which Member of My Immediate Family Are You?" I think that would be just about awesome.

What I'd have to do is, step one, I'd have to first design a test, with a fairly comprehensive series of questions, detailed enough to differentiate everyone into all the possible categories. Next, step two, I'd have to have each member of my immediate family take the test. That'd be the hard part. Five girls, four boys (I'd include myself in the test), two parents...some of these people are every bit as contrary as I am, and participation in something like this might be a hard sell! Especially when they get to the end of all those questions only to find out what they already knew: you are yourself. "Thanks."

Finally, step three, I'd have to design a logarithm to sort between and weight the values for the various questions and answers, so as to be able to assign each test-taker to the closest fit, based on their responses, to a member of my fam. That'd be the easy part. I don't sweat logarithms any more than I sweat metaphors. Logarithms are my meat and cookies!

This would be an awesome test. I'd just use first names, of course. But a little thumbnail snapshot would be a sweet addition! Nobody would mind that. I'm sure I've got enough lying around. I'd only pick the funny ones.

Now that's a sweet idea for a personality test!

I have to level with you on this one, just so you know: it's going to be just about impossible to score a Me.

6 comments:

Sean Scully said...

I suspect I'd turn out to be your brother. I have no idea if you have a brother, of course, but I have a brother and you write somewhat like him, although you resemble him only the generic two arms, two legs, head kind of sense.

Just a guess.

dogimo said...

I do indeed have brothers! I am one of four brothers, each of whom has five sisters.

But the quiz would be structured to leave age and gender out of it, and focus on personality and convictions, so it's entirely possible you could end up as my mom!

See, I do think very highly of you.

Sean Scully said...

Tuck in your shirt. And wear boots when you go out in the rain. And you never call and you never write. Imagine, after all your father and I have done for you.

dogimo said...

You and my father have done quite a lot! I must admit.

I can't justify tucking in a t-shirt, but I just about ***always*** wear boots. Rain or not.

Basically the choice for me is: boots or chucks. No middle ground.

Jen said...

Best thing about this post was the title. I imagined you talking to a person standing in front of you: "Which member of my immediate family are you, again?"

It got less funny when I found out there are eleven of you. Might just be plausible.

dogimo said...

A good personality quiz needs plenty of strong, well-differentiated options! And these people come through in spades, and other suits besides.

The title was the best part for you? My favorite was that last sentence. I thought that was a nice capper.