Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, July 10, 2009

The Blessings of a Life Lived to the Null

Life is so straightforward and simple and plain! I just wish there was some way to know that I would live until I am like 95 years old at least, and in a woefully deleterious if not borderline-vegetative state of faculties, with all of my fitness and vigor not "only a memory," so much as "gone beyond recollection or recall." At that advanced state of affairs, I want to die in some bizarre accidental way wherein the circumstance of my death forms some seemingly nondescript yet in reality hiddenly-crucial link in a chain of events that would in some way precipitate the foiling of some petty, mean-spirited threat to the nation that was only uncovered due to the embarrassing fact of me expiring in an inconvenient time and place. The ultimate in self-sacrifice.

I feel like there aren't enough top-notch all-out action movies featuring a complete invalid in the main hero role, and I feel like if my noble sacrifice could inspire a film like that, it would probably be coming out around 2076 or thereabouts. Just in time for our nation's jubilant tricentenary!

My only regret is that, with the knowledge of my heroic self-sacrifice still then just fresh in the public eye of a humbly grateful nation, I wish that there would be some way for me to attend the premier. It would be a nice touch. I'd like to see that. Or at least kind of drool in the aisle a bit.

Perhaps the science of that far day will render it all possible in some way. Anyway, I have my hopes!

No comments: