Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Easily-Spooked Skeptics Would Be Well Advised to Skip This One

Sometimes I have frightening implications. Sometimes things happen, that I can't explain, that science doesn't even want to acknowledge.

I'll give you an example (I guess I'd better, after that build up). Sometimes in a dream, I will dream of a major world leader, and sometimes in the dream, the leader dies. And then when I wake up, by the time I wake up, that leader is already dead. Every single time it's happened, it's happened!

And the clincher is, sometimes these world leaders are people I don't even know that much about. That's what makes the dream itself - correct in every detail - so alarming (to others, maybe, not to me). It's true that usually the only relevant detail is that the person is dead, but I'd call that a pretty big detail - and bang, it's spot on! Every time. So far.

A good example is Charles de Gaulle. I knew very little about Charles de Gaulle, but I felt that he was probably around when Kennedy was around, and I figure Kennedy would still be alive if he hadn't been shot, so there was no reason for me to expect that Charles de Gaulle was dead. Until I dreamt it. As soon as I awoke, I ran to look it up, to find out. Nothing on google news, but sure enough, I soon confirmed that the worst was true: Charles de Gaulle, dead.

Are some of you a bit freaked out, a bit disturbed? I'm not.

I've been living with the paranormal so long that it looks ordinary to me.

2 comments:

Sean Scully said...

I keep dreaming that Pope John Paul II is dead - and damned if he isn't. I don't mean to be shaping reality with my thoughts, but I cannot help myself.

dogimo said...

He is dead! That dude was one beloved Pope. Even that guy he shot forgave him.

So the legend grows.