Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, June 26, 2009

A Good Example of How I Operate

I walked into the executive offices at noon today and noticed I'd left my coffee cup - my big black and silver thermos cup - sitting on the reception desk when I stopped in this morning. Whoa - good thing I noticed that, I thought. I'd hate to lose that cup! I grabbed it, tasted the coffee - ugh, cold. Dumped out the coffee, rinsed out the cup.

Then as I was walking back up the street to my building I realized, hey, this cup is a little too nondescript. If I'm going to be leaving it lying around, I better mark it in some identifying way. I stopped walking, pulled out my keychain knife and carved a big bold graphic signifier - my stylized logo monogram! - right into the matte black rubberplastic of the bottom half of the cup. Perfect! And it looks great, too. Everyone will know it's mine, or if they don't, and I catch them with my cup, I can easily prove them in the wrong.

Then I walked the rest of the way back to my building, returned to my office, and set it down on my desk right next to my big black and silver thermos cup.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

If that cup were mine, I'd knit a cozy for it. But, instead of your typical old lady type knit cozy, I'd intarsia the words "Frak Me" into it.

dogimo said...

That sounds vaguely Not Safe For Work!

But I think the whole intarsia artsmithery of it would more than overshadow any such piddling concerns.