Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, June 26, 2009

Hey There, Good Timers! Friday Night Here It Comes!

I'm headin' out to-nite! Going out, Friday night, going out to a nice place, going to dress nice, gonna look good. I'm going to have a good time, maybe a few drinks - can't rule that out, a few drinks. I've been known to imbibe the company of others with a drinks chaser, from time to time! So yeah, I know most of you probably don't know me in a physical location, where-I-live sort of way, but just in case, it might be a good idea, a good time to come by rob the house.

I'm just putting that out there. It's a courtesy really. I'm not offering, or authorizing it in any way! I absolutely would not be happy to have that happen, in fact I'd be very upset. I'd feel terrible, and probably cry - it would ruin my night for sure. But I feel I have to at least be up front about it, about me going out tonight, as part of the shared-trust exercise that blogging seems to have evolved into, for me at least. I see a lot of other people blogging, they often make note of it: "hey! I'm going out tonight!" It's true they don't literally go on to say, might be a good idea to come by and rob the place, but that is sort of implied is it not? Just by definition, really. How can that not be implied? If you're looking for a good time, to come by rob the place, it doesn't get much better than when the person's not there.

Or it could be a trap. There's that to consider as well. A lot of these online types can't be trusted in the slightest.

No comments: