Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, June 21, 2009

I Like Cold Beverages!

I'm such a procrastinator with shopping. It got so there were literally no beverages in the fridge (except beer). I was getting real sick of beer, which sucks for me because I love beer! But I'm more of a deeply savor and appreciate it type. I don't like to pound beer after beer just for beverage purposes. And I do like to pound beverage after beverage, just for hydration purposes! I'm a fiend when it comes to adequate hydration. As I say all the time: "adequate hydration is the key to unlocking your body's full metabolic potential." It would not be an exaggeration to say my favorite beverage is pure clear cold water - but not by water alone is a man's thirst quenched.

Anyway, I finally went to the store to get beverages and that ended up being about ALL I got. I got Martinelli's Apple Cider, I got a limeade from some brand I've not tried, we'll see how that is. Got a big ol' V8 (low-salt - the regular stuff is way too salty for me! Who likes SALTY BEVERAGES??), and I got an Odwalla Carrot juice. Oh, and some beer.

But I just had a nice big pint of iced carrot juice and boy, it put me in mind of a Scwewy Wabbit. Have any of you had a Scwewy Wabbit? It's a screwdriver, only made with carrot juice instead of orange juice. I invented it in like 1996, but aside from a few devotees, it never really caught on.

It's a shame, it's a very refreshing cocktail. The carrot juice should be very cold when the chilled vodka goes in.

2 comments:

JMH said...

I'll try that. I'm sure I could use the vitamin A, though finding carrot juice at the Mexican grocery stores where I shop might be an issue. At the very least, I'll find carrots (do a shot, eat a carrot).

I think vodka is fine, though it bores me a bit. For clear alcohols, I love gin. Tastes like pine needles or the clean parts of India or both.

dogimo said...

Somewhere amidst my unedited slips of paper, I have the name of an excellent gin to be drunk straight. I was out with friends, and pissed off, as a good friend of mine was leaving that workplace (this was her sendoff) and when the next round of drink orders came around and it was my turn to order I said "GIN. NEAT." And the gin I got was so good I asked what it was. And it was further so good that I wrote it down.

That slip of paper's around somewhere.