Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Is It OK to Rob a Bank?

I mean, is that one of those things these days where people are like "it's no big deal?"

I keep losing sight of where the line in the shifting sands is drawn, in today's anything-goes, no independent moral standards world.

I'm pretty sure it's OK. Almost every time in a movie, the bank robbers are the good guys, right?

That's got to be some sort of leading indicator.

2 comments:

John Dantzer said...

Banks are pretty much the devil. Is it o.k. to rob the devil? If you can, then do it.

dogimo said...

That's quite a point you bring up there, with some complicated implications. Because if we concede the existence of the devil, then we flirt with maybe the moral standard isn't so shifting anymore.

But leaving aside the metaphysical, I'm with you on the metaphorical!