Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Lately I've Been Fascinated by the Pulp Heroes of Yore

Mostly Doc Savage and the Shadow.

I don't know hardly a damn thing about these guys, but I've become obliquely fascinated by them anyhow. I know the Shadow can cloud men's minds, so that he cannot be seen. Also, that he knows what evil, lurks in the hearts of men!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

But shit, everybody knows that.

Anyhow, I have no idea what the deal is with Doc Savage. Man of Bronze, I believe.

It's all kind of...fascinating.

2 comments:

John Dantzer said...

Doc Savage: let me strive every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, that all may profit by it. Let me think of the right and lend all my assistance to those who need it, with no regard for anything but justice. Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage. Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens and my associates in everything I say and do. Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.

Good Philosophy.

dogimo said...

Damn yeah.