Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Once Again, My Sunday Theology Post

I don't care what you've gone through in this life, if after the ELEVEN BILLIONTH YEAR of sitting up in heaven, living high on the hog in serene and perfect bliss and healed of all hurts mental emotional and physical, you haven't maybe finally started to let go the grudge you've got against God for having created you into a mortal world where people have free will - well at that point, you're a way bigger prick than you currently accuse God of being. Sorry.

And don't give me that "But not everybody gets to heaven" crap, either. Do you know? Are you the decider? Has God whispered all the judgments in your ear? Can we assume that God hasn't? Not to you!

And not to anyone else, either. Care to dispute it?

Shall we take a wild stab, and say that maybe the fever-pitch sin-obsessed judgmental theomaniacs who try to rule the world by aggressively projecting their own sick, twisted consciences onto others might not have the best grasp of Christ's message?

I think that's a safe call. I think we can say that with confidence. Shit: Kurt Vonnegut could see that. And more atheist than that dude, they do not come.

I'm not saying everybody gets to heaven. That's not my call, either. But I am saying I know whose call it isn't, and I trust whose call it is. And I am saying anybody on earth who claims they can speak for God in judgment of even one single human soul - that dude's talking out of his ass.

Another sweet Sunday theology post, from your friendly neighborhood theist.

No comments: