Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Summertime! And the livin's easy...

Well as I post this, it's already Summer on the East coast and as far West as Chicago, with Colorado soon to follow and then me.

So welcome, welcome to that ficklest and most frolicsome of seasons: Summer! Or as the French call it, "ete", with little vowel-hats and accents involved.

What sorts of Summer plans do people have cooking? I know that towards the waning days, I will be headed down to Sequoia National Park...again...for another in an ongoing series of death-hikes. You never know you're really living 'til your hanging off the top of a rather stubby mountain in the Southern Sierras 11,000 up from where you started (oh be fair, the trail head is probably at least 7,000 feet up already - so 4,000 up from where you actually started) and you're sure you've run out of water.

That was fun though!

Anyway, getting back to that other sentence, I know that I've got that in August, but the rest of the Summer stretches before me like an open book...a trashy novel of some kind...waiting to be devoured carelessly while basking under a blinding sun! And sipping extraordinary lagers with tiny paper umbrellas getting in the way of my eager lips.

What's everybody else doing? Anything? Or nothing...? (better still!)

No comments: