Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

There Were Tears and Screaming, and a Secret, Shamed Relief

This is probably cynical to say, but I think a lot of fans were relieved to be able to stop holding their breath waiting for the next bad news.

I mean, I sure wasn't hoping for this, but I was sure sick of hearing the next bad news. It's like being repeatedly kicked in your childhood's phantom arm.

I'm not saying it's admirable.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is this another one of your posts you don't mean?

dogimo said...

Do you feel comforted...?

What does it matter, then?

Anonymous said...

No I don't feel comforted.

dogimo said...

What does it matter, then?

Anonymous said...

You're kind of a dick.

dogimo said...

I'm insane with anger! It's time for an ass-whooping!

Anonymous said...

OMG, are you quoting SIGNS at me???

dogimo said...

Yeah, I was. It's a great movie!

To answer your original question, I put a lot of thought into the post, and I think it's true without being insensitive. I was trying not to be insensitive, towards a complicated tragedy.

But truly: what does it matter? Don't be a child. Take what meaning you find, take truth where there is truth. Can you not see truth for itself? Or does truth for you depend on the attitude of the speaker, towards that truth? A fool can speak the truth without meaning it.

If there is not truth in a statement, it makes no difference what the speaker believes. And if there is truth...then it makes no difference what the speaker believes.

Take every statement for what it's worth. Good medicine.

Anonymous said...

You're so full of shit.

dogimo said...

Listen. There's things I can take...and a couple things I can't.