Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Blue Canary In the Outlet by the Lightswitch, Who Watches Over Me

"Not to put too fine a point on it / Say I'm the only bee in your bonnet"



This is like, my first favorite song or something at the moment. So thumping and exquisite and melodic and lyrically-intricate and stuff!

"I have a secret to tell
from my electrical well.
It's a simple message, and
I'm leaving out the whistles and bells"

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I just wanted you to know that the latest on Posey was quite acute. Thank you.

(I'm trying to not laugh)

dogimo said...

Thank you, Anna! I find poetry to be almost doubly-rewarding when other people also like it.

I'd say that it reflects upon us all to our credit, that we are able to appreciate the refined and elevated sensibility that only poetry can bring to the table.

John Dantzer said...

You have a strange taste in music.

dogimo said...

I have no taste in music whatsoever! I'll like any ol' thing. It just has to kind of "get" me, you know? Like, "right there."