Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

If Gravity

If gravity had a direction to it besides down, everything in the world would be set up to go in that direction. It would just be fundamental. People would be like, "where do you live? State Ave? That's West, isn't it? Forget it. I'm not walking West."

Grandparents would be like, "I used to walk to school - it was West both ways."

Cars would be advertised, 40 MPG!!*

*Eastbound

On the whole I think we're lucky things are as they are, with gravity remaining relatively impartial.

But still, all my lean is East. And I keep falling over.

3 comments:

JMH said...

This post, for me, it's just (not quite...), but it should be (Quite!). And I recognize that feeling in my own writing. Do you know why that happens or how to fix it?

dogimo said...

What I do is, if I come up with a better version later, I post it just if the other never happened!

But yes, I know whatcha.

blue said...

Maybe it's because of the tilt of leaning? That can definitely mess with some quites, should bes, and similar whatchas. I've noticed it myself.

Of course, it can also create some beautifully weighted, precariously yet perfectly balanced work. It all depends on the way it combines with chance, luck, effort, and possibly punctuation.