Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, July 24, 2009

OK I'll Bite: What's Up with the Ancient Antipodean Fixation Lately?

It's Th' Dudes! "Walking In Light" 1979.

"I'm not drunk, I'm blind!"

Hm. This video is disorientingly lame. But what a neat tune!

I mean yeah, sure. It's a bit reminiscent of somebody trying to rip off the Stones only with even more synthy crap going on. But so what? It's still a neat tune. If the Stones didn't write it first, then oh well - they left the door open.

EDIT: which is of course, the cue for some enraged Stones-enthusiast to chime in with a comment on which Stones song this one is most exactly like. Really, I don't think it's the song so much as that guy's delivery.

No comments: