Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, July 20, 2009

On the Topic of You-Know-What

Hey, I'm as big a fan of that as anybody! And I admit, sometimes I like to get a little adventurous with it. Most times I just like to put the aforementioned undersigned Article (as specified in appendix D, and hereinafter referred to as "the Article") right into the approved places indicated in appendices B, C, and sometimes A (collectively hereinafter referred to as "the Goods"), but other times I just say hey, que sera me, baby! Any way you please, so it will be (hereinafter referred to as "the Services").

The main thing is, it needs to be (for me at least) an expression of the fullness of a commitment, and the natural culmination of the course of emotional business between the two interested parties, who have each tendered evidences of their intent in good faith. I can't be a party to some of these fly-by-night transactions bartered between two furtive high-stakes negotiators on a handshake and a seat-of-their-pants basis (and often lacking even that!)

It seems to me that there's no reason why everybody oughtn't at least have a little something something going into it, something secured, some assurances of some kind that any agreements or arrangements offered or entered into, whether verbal, written, oral, or other (hereinafter referred to as "the Tender"); will be honored, and shall be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the respective successors and assigns of the two entangled parties.

I mean, I think that's all pretty usual and customary!

No comments: