Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, July 13, 2009

Waxing Autobiographical

OK, I'm going to try this out, just as an experiment. If it doesn't pan out I am never doing it again.

Here it goes.

Just got back from a WEEK'S VACATION in South Jersey! Had a nice time. Went to the beach in Brigantine and communed with the Atlantic, stood godfather to my most-recent niece, watched the fireworks over the Atlantic City skyline from my sister's big backyard across the bay and salt marshes from A.C., went to Six Flags Great Adventure with a whole horde of stomping and cavorting parents (plus their screaming and giggling kids), played a triumphant solo acoustic comeback gig under the moon, stars, and distant lightning at the beach in Point Pleasant - albeit the turnout was pretty sparse (audience of one). I ate more whole hoagies than I'd want to go back and count, fresh delicious corn, cookout burgs and dogs, and the most ridiculous filet Oscar I've ever had foisted on me - instead of the sauce béarnaise it was like, steak sauce! Not A1 or anything, but definitely a steak sauce. COME ON!

It was still good, but still. Steak sauce on a great tender slab of perfectly juicy medium-well filet mignon is bad enough. But steak sauce on lump crab?

Good to be back, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Once in a while I return to the fold and the people I call my own"

Glad to hear you had a lovely time.

Mel...