Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Whatever Happens Today,

Man, I just caught myself STRUTTIN' again! The world is too bouncy. It tosses me a little bit up in the air with each step!

Whatever happens today, I'm going to wake up happy tomorrow. That's not even a prediction. There's a point past which a thing that feels infinitely right becomes inevitable.

There is also, however, a point a good bit short of that, where you're basically kidding yourself to that same effect.

But same effect can just as easily mean same result, same difference. The gap between inevitability and kidding one's self is not so spacious as to be unbridgeable by dint of sheer will! It isn't even so wide as to be unleapable, by dint of having way too big a bounce in one's stride, and way too much obliviousness from the sun in one's eyes.

On a partly cloudy day, no less. With a 30% chance!

4 comments:

JMH said...

Your words are like a drug, aren't they? An amphetamine, I suppose, but not illegal. Give me some time, I'll become accustomed. Happy? Will I become happy?

dogimo said...

I think the drug is what I'm trying to describe! But I'll take it as a compliment if the description of a drug can drug, then something's being done right.

Happy is hard as hell, I find. But probably (finally) worth it.

blue said...

I'd meant to comment on this so long ago, but other things fell in my way. Rain, for instance. Rain while I stood in a copse of trees until I thought the cops might think it strange I was standing there. But now I see it again, and the pre-planning, the thoughts in advance, are all quite funny and touching.

I used to have a severe mistrust of the word "inevitable," but your pairing of it with "infinitely right" here makes it fresh and appealing.

It must be sweet to look back and see you weren't just kidding yourself, that 30% became 110%, that rain and sun combined well.

At least, that's what the day was like in this neck of the woods.

dogimo said...

You have to be careful of those cops. Bring an umbrella, just in case!