Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, August 01, 2009

Answer of a Lifetime, to the Question of a Day

Somebody actually asked me if I was a priest. E-mailed me, to ask me that!

Well, without disparaging it - because I'd have made a pretty swell priest! And I take it as a pretty swell implied (or more likely, assumed) compliment on my pretty swell and lucid explications of such tricksy issues as the communion of saints or the nature of the Trinity.

But as complimented as I am by my insightful interpretation of a simple and direct question to apply in a complimentary way to specific posts it did not reference, I must assume my humble and deferential attitude, holding my hands up in an "aw shucks" manner and grin, shaking my head saying, thank you, thank you for saying you'd think so, but no way. That's not the life for me. I'm no priest and I never will be. You know why?

I can't stand to take orders.

No comments: