It's a damn lie! I'm not going to the movies! This whole post is ONE DAMN LIE, from beginning to end!
Wait.
If it's a lie right to the end, then that means I am going to the movies.
Damn it!
There isn't anything playing I want to see.
Maybe I'll just do what I used to do: show up at the Nick, buy a ticket or two for whatever's most about to start. I remember I used to see some really good flicks that way, stuff that was underpromoted and probably I'd have never seen it otherwise. OK.
If it's any good, I'll let you know when I get back.
Otherwise, though - I'm not saying a damn thing, because these independent flicks, they don't need bad publicity from me. Poor little engines that barely could! I don't want to throw water on some microcinema entreprenauteur's dream.
Entrepreneur.
Auteur.
entrprenauteur
Man. I desperately need a spellcheck that works on portmanteaux!
I do love the OAD's definition of "auteur", though: "a filmmaker whose movies are characterized by a filmmaker's creative influence." INDEED. We'll have none of your "Auteur Theory," thank you! That there's auteur FACT.
Wait.
If it's a lie right to the end, then that means I am going to the movies.
Damn it!
There isn't anything playing I want to see.
Maybe I'll just do what I used to do: show up at the Nick, buy a ticket or two for whatever's most about to start. I remember I used to see some really good flicks that way, stuff that was underpromoted and probably I'd have never seen it otherwise. OK.
If it's any good, I'll let you know when I get back.
Otherwise, though - I'm not saying a damn thing, because these independent flicks, they don't need bad publicity from me. Poor little engines that barely could! I don't want to throw water on some microcinema entreprenauteur's dream.
Entrepreneur.
Auteur.
entrprenauteur
Man. I desperately need a spellcheck that works on portmanteaux!
I do love the OAD's definition of "auteur", though: "a filmmaker whose movies are characterized by a filmmaker's creative influence." INDEED. We'll have none of your "Auteur Theory," thank you! That there's auteur FACT.
Comments