Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, August 21, 2009

Robot Hell Winery

Actually, it was Robert Hall. Another misread hand-lettered wine sign at my local supplier.

I tell you, I was already screeching to a halt on my way to the register, though! I was about to double back and over an aisle to pick that UP. Had that actually been what it was, they had a customer PRE-SOLD.

Dang it, I really wanted to see that label.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That would have been one awesome bottle of wine! Worthy of a picture post on one of your blogs, no doubt.

John Dantzer said...

I'd buy that too. I wonder if the robots could drink the wine in hell?

dogimo said...

@ Anna: Hehehe! "One of my blogs." :-) I really only have one blog, now, don't I? Come on, there! Poetry is a different sort of deal isn't it?

Not better or worse necessarily!

But of course, I do put a picture up on the poetry blog from time to time. And a bottle of wine like that would be worth a pic AND a poem in its honor! So, yes, point conceded: no doubt!

@jorg: I think hell is this world, for robots, since they are not able to drink wine.

Wait. Robots don't have souls! No afterlife at all, at that point.

It's a little-known fact that the angel rebellion in heaven was over the fact that initially, humans weren't supposed to have souls either (or so supposed the angels). Then when God gave humans souls, some of the angels were damn pissed off about that. They felt that was out of line.

So maybe what heaven needs now is a robot angel rebellion.