Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Than The Sum of Its Parts

My heart wants love. Also, to pump blood.

My to-put-it-delicately wants to make you pregnant. Except if you're a guy. It doesn't know why, it just does.

My brain wants to think interesting things. This is easy, given where it sets the bar.

My left hand wants to fret.

My right hand wants to pick.

My lips want to kiss.

Except if you're a guy.

Not sure why my lips even care, on that score. Weird.

My fingers want what my hands want, and also to drum. Also, to feel surfaces and their textures. And to do things, and to undo them.

My nose, sinuses, bronchi and lungs just want to BREATHE IT IN. And the nose, to smell. Depending.

My mouth wants to pronounce. Also, to eat delicious food.

My throat wants to guzzle beer. Also, to chug ICE COLD WATER. Well, technically not quite that cold.

My ears want to rock.

My eyes want nothing better than to gaze lovingly into THEMSELVES. Or yours.

My belly just wants to be happy.

No comments: