Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, September 11, 2009

Lately, I Don't Even Try To Be Nice

After years of people telling me I'm nice, I've decided, fuck it. I'm not even going to try to be nice anymore. We'll see if it makes a difference.

I'm on like, day twelve of that. So far so good. Nobody seems to have noticed.

It could be that it's too deeply ingrained, and that I'm still just that nice even without trying. Or, maybe I never needed to try in the first place! That's a sickening thought. All that waste of effort! At least if it's ingrained, then it was my effort over my whole life that did the ingraining.

It's also pretty likely that in this day and age, people just don't tend to notice shit like that. Or that I myself don't command much scrutiny or attention. I'd like to think so, anyway.

Anyway, whatever the deeper implications, I'm enjoying the more relaxed level of effort involved. It's nice.

No comments: