Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A Lot of Dreams Lately, Seemingly...

But not really! I've been going through a real dream drought, in fact.

But what I have been doing, is going through and publishing a lot of old drafts of Open Dream Journal entries! Some old classics, that I haven't had a chance to put out there prior (the # in the post title gives a rough idea of the relative chronology). I'm going to keep that up, publishing one a day or so, until I've more-or-less cleared the decks of old dreams.

Something poetic about more-or-less clearing the decks of old dreams. I'll paste that in my poetry blog 'Drafts' for later expansion!

I'm just mentioning the whole thing, because otherwise somebody's going to be like: "that dude has a weird dream EVERY NIGHT." Would that it were so! I can't seem to remember any of my dreams lately. Which is fine by me, considering how weird they can get.

In general, my much-self-vaunted-prolificacy is a sham and a fraud. Most of the posts I post are based on old drafts. I'm constantly taking a snippet or a rant of mine from another source (an e-mail, a messageboard post, a comment) and copying it into 'Drafts' for later use or expansion. I'll let it percolate and simmer for months or even years now, until finally its turn comes round, and the light goes on, and I'll tap it for publication.

It's because of my insistence on quality.

Anyway, for those of you who feast on dreams of others - get your utensils ready because for the next couple weeks at least, it's going to be a nonstop daily buffet!

No comments: