Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, September 14, 2009

A Man Died Today Because I Wasn't Able To Do Anything To Stop It

A man died today, because I wasn't able to do anything to stop it. But hell, that happens every day. All day long in fact.

It still sucks! I didn't even know this guy. I don't even know who he was. But it's a statistical fact that he definitely did die today. I doubt he deserved to die for whatever he did - or maybe, failed to do. But whatever the case there, deserving or not - he died. He died because I couldn't do anything to prevent it.

If I could have prevented it, I would have! I don't care who he is or what he did - or maybe, failed to do. It doesn't matter. I'm not just going to just let a man die, if it's in my power to stop it. I leave that decision to the courts! I'm not the one making that call.

But there was nothing I could do. What could I have done?

And it happens just like that, all day, every day.

I guess, after all these years, I've learned to live with it. It's really ghastly when you think about all the things we just...get used to in life.

No comments: