Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, October 18, 2009

BWOW!!

BWOW!! Right in the fuckin' clock with a jaw! I beat hell into that guy, for what he just said to you! What he said that I or any reasonable person who heard it, construed as being deserved of.

I turn toward you as he sways backward into the tell-tale first phase of crumple and collapse, and I glory in your shining eyes - shining with a feeling that I can't identify but do not hesitate to describe as: LOVE. Ecstatic pride! Bliss, at your own good fortune. You love my violent ways, brought into play to defend your honor constantly, always a threat, ready at the drop of a remark to lay waste to some fool dude who thinks the lax codes of relaxed modern chivalry apply, even while I'm clearly standing right here.

They don't.

I believe what he said was, "What are you doing hanging out with this guy?" I'm not 100% sure on the quote - as soon as the implication hit me, the red I saw wiped the words away! But the implication was clear: that YOUR intelligence might somehow be drawn into question, for hanging out with me! Well I always say people can say whatever they want about me, but leave you out of it, and whatever this guy said it definitely broke the code.

Then I broke his code for him - the code of his FACE! And as he comes back to earth, I turn to face your shining eyes, and await the reward of your grateful embrace.

No comments: