Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I had an idea. I should start a Happy Birthday blog. In fact, this is potentially a momentous enough idea that rather than "start" a Happy Birthday blog, I believe I should say that I should found a Happy Birthday blog. I think that would be very sweet, and I think I'm just about a sweet enough guy to pull that shit off in fine style.

Each morning, I'd post a post wishing a sincere "Happy Birthday," to people whose birthday it was. And then, as word got around about this sweet Happy Birthday blog of mine, next thing you know, anybody could swing on by on their own special day, to be greeted with something heartfelt and handcrafted that they would know I had posted especially for them and anybody else born that day!

How potentially thoughtful of me! That would be a very kind and sweet gesture! For me to do that. It's kind of an investment, though. Kind of a commitment. I don't want to undertake it lightly. For instance, you just know that if one day I missed a post, all these pissed-off people would be coming through all "HEY!! You FORGOT MY BIRTHDAY!" It would be a mob scene, with neither ice cream nor cake to placate the restless and discontented rabble.

This could be another case where one needs to balance the benefit to the public at large against the risk of it backfiring.

No comments: