Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, October 29, 2009

More Lies About What I Believed As A Child

As a child, I used to be fascinated by those crazy, complicated chalkboard equations used by chemists and physicists and such, because I thought that those equations were what caused the processes they described. Like a written incantation! I believed those formulae were used by chemists, for instance, to change one substance into another - and that they were constantly on the hunt for new and better equations to manage the physical world.

Once I learned the truth, I completely lost interest in math.

2 comments:

Lunarchick said...

Math blows. Except the fact that it is beautiful and strange. But other than that it blows.

dogimo said...

It's true, it is beautiful and strange - but you know what, there are plenty of other things beautiful and strange that ought to be appreciated WAY before you get to the point where it's math's turn!

Aw. Poor math. I'm hard on math because it was hard.