Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, October 26, 2009

ow! ow! ow! ow!

I have got to stop punching my hand for emphasis. My poor hand!

Man, you know what though? I really hit hard! You know? When the situation calls for it? For emphasis, for instance.

I can pack a punch. That line of force conducted from shoulder via crooked elbow into straight-aligned wrist and forearm right through to big, bony knuckles - I press an impressively-stacked deck of wallop into that defenseless palm of mine.

My poor hand. I've got to stop doing that. If for no other reason than the fact that me wincing and alternately grabbing my hand and shaking it while making tiny distressed noises tends to undermine whatever emphasis the gesture might have otherwise conveyed.

DAMN, that smarts!

No comments: