Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Prophecy: Bullshit, or Possibly Not?

I just realized I should clarify - people do talk about prophecy in more than one sense. If it's just speaking the word of God - we've all heard the word of God, we can all speak the word of God. Calling that prophecy is like saying "hot enough for you?" and calling it meteorology.

When I talk about prophecy, I mean a NEW REVELATION from God. Not just the same old OLD "word of God" that's been printed in dusty books for ages. A prophet is one who delivers a NEW revelation, from God to the people. And at this point, when I look at anyone claiming to be a prophet or to have prophecy, they have nothing to back that up. What new revelations have we had? And as far as predictions...any future predictions usually amount to dire threats of hell or devastation for those who believe differently.

Well holy shit- COOL!! But - didn't we already really know all we really need to know on that score?

(and I was kind of kidding about the "COOL!!")

The answer is: Yes, we knew all of that already.

If you're going to call yourself a prophet, quit giving me old news.

No comments: