Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, November 13, 2009

The Moon Has Water On It!

The moon has water on it! We shot a rocket at the moon, crashed into it, and now as a result of that we now know for a fact there is water on it - plentiful water, say all the experts!

I don't need to tell any of you what an enormously exciting development this is. Those clowns at Fiji Water are s.o.l. right about now, I can tell you that right now. This is going to blow them out of the market entirely. You want to talk exotic? You want to talk pristine?

Meanwhile, who the hell dropped the ball on the Apollo program? We had dudes up there for a hands-on physical inspection and they didn't turn up drop one. What happened? Did they not hit it hard enough?

Well, wherever the blame for that little debacle can be apportioned, I say let's can the sour grapes and concentrate on exploiting this brand new renewable resource. NASA, you may have shit the tux on the last ten trips, but you've really redeemed yourself this time, striking a sweet gusher of what I like to call clear gold.

Good job. Now, go get it.

2 comments:

dogimo said...

To clarify a colloquialism up there, since no one else but me seems to use it: "to shit the tux" - to publicly embarrass one's self on an occasion of elevated importance, possibly in the process ruining something that doesn't belong to you.

It's a pretty useful phrase. Figuratively. What I like to call an "idiomatic expression." Don't ask me to explain "idiomatic expression" - it's not something I can explain, at least, not just based on the literal meanings of the components of the phrase.

But back to "shit the tux" - very good, very useful phrase. It conveys what it conveys. I use it in meetings a lot.

"Bob, you remember the big ViroWorld presentation right? You really shit the tux on that one."

Unknown said...

That's a significant find, for sure!