Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Actual Verbatim Transcript of Forthcoming Conversation from Tonight's Cocktail Party

A: "Reality doesn't exist."

Be: "THAT'S INCREDIBLY GREAT NEWS!"

A: "Wha - ?"

Cee (from nearby): "What's incredibly great news?"

Be: "He's saying that racism doesn't exist, and the holocaust never happened!"

A: "I didn't say that! That's not what I said, I said reality doesn't exist!"

Be: "Ohhhhh...I get it. You were kidding, then."

A: "Dolt."

Be: "Solipsist!"

Cee: "Real enlightened, guys."

4 comments:

limom said...

Dude, you are a prophet.
Scary shit.

dogimo said...

Prophecy's easy! You just have to limit yourself to foreseeing what you can bring about.

It's not common knowledge, but that's how God does it, too. Every time! Albeit - actual divine prophecy is pretty rare. There's no need for it! When you can fix anything and everything infinitely later on, the minutiae of whatever's about to happen next is kind of "small potatoes."

Sam, The Nanti-SARRMM said...

That conversation is funny.

dogimo said...

@Sam - thanks!

back @limom - turns out I was way off. The guy I thought was going to say it didn't even show up! He freakin' juked me, fate-wise.

But the party was much better for it, though.