Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

The Adventurous Chef Returns!

Every now and then, I'll do something like I'll take a ham and cheese sandwich, that someone else has made, that I've purchased for lunch but that I failed to eat - having not had a chance at lunch that day - and I will take that sandwich home with me and do something like make up some chili relleno batter (you know, the egg batter that you'd use to coat up a chili relleno with the cheese, and the chili inside? or is it the cheese and the relleno), and slap a sliced-longwise, layered relleno (or is it a chili?...okay, damn, I looked it up: it's a poblano pepper) or rather, a poblano pepper, cut up lengthwise and set across the outside of the sandwich, and then batter up the whole sandwich and deep fry it!

Every now and then, I do something like that...and it works out brilliant. Just brilliant. Hot and delicious, cheesy insides with ham like a monte cristo, only the relleno aspect just makes it swing savory mex instead of sweet greasy spoon.

Now, I've never actually done that, exactly! But you know, things like that. I was just using that as an example. I've done other things, that came to me in a similar bolt of inspiration. And worked out pretty well!

As opposed to my famous boiled sandwiches. To be fair, they were really more par-boiled. But it turns out, even that...bad direction to go.

No comments: