Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, January 22, 2010

Guess How Many Of These Are Me?

Oh man. The way back machine! I just stumbled across this. I wish these were dated. I remember doing it, but I don't remember when or why. This is from years long ago, by now. What the hell was I doing and/or was my problem?

Anyway. See if you can spot how many of the usage suggestions on this The SportsCenter Altar / Phrase Listing catchphrase usage page are in fact ME! The catchphrase in question is "Don't fake the funk on a nasty dunk."

http://www.sportscenteraltar.com/phrases/usage.asp?ID=125

That didn't all happen at once, either. It just kept building on over months.

2 comments:

blue said...

(Without looking too closely) All of them?

dogimo said...

Oh, no! I did do the first one, and then I kept checking back to see if anybody else chimed in. I think I saved the link. No good. No response for a while, but then things got going, and I added in additional clarifications as they occurred to me. But not all of 'em!

Man, I couldn't believe I was the first one, on such a prominent phrase as that. I've been using it on my own ever since! Albeit, with a twist: I say, "Don't funk the fake on the dunky stuff."

The meaning's the same.