Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Open Dream Journal #69: Weird, Nonlinear Pt.2

Rarely does an installment of Open Dream Journal have a Part 2. One would assume that this would be a continuation of the same dream, in a later dream. Sadly, cool as that would be, that's not the case this time! I was absently reading PART ONE, when it hit me that I'd forgotten to describe a very vivid detail of the dream that was quite thrilling at the time, but that in the rush of describing the flow of the dream, I must just have decided to glossed it over in favor of focusing on the main action. But it was a striking detail, and I think it does need to be included: a brief description of how I boarded the supersonic black-ops jet.

I grabbed my special harness and strapped it on, tightening all the straps and fixing the closures as I ran up to the roof, where I vaulted up and stood on the special raised platform, and waited, scanning the skies. There it was! A black, sharp-angled speck, angling down from the sky trailing a long bungee-cable with a hook at the end of it! The jet rocketed by overhead at its minimum speed, and a second later the guided hook slammed into my chest, lifting me off my feet as the hook self-fastened into my harness perfectly - as advertised! - and the now taut wire propelled me over the treetops, after the jet.

I reverse-rappelled up to craft, the crew scooped me in through the backside hatch and then we were off. Supersonic THROTTLE-DOWN! Discarding my harness, I settled in for a dirty martini and a smooth trip - at least, until those damn UFOs attacked.

Man, I didn't even get into the details of how the UFO attack was repulsed! That was pretty cool too, but really - a story in itself. Maybe save it for a Pt.3.

I can't believe I skipped over all this important stuff! I must really have been in a hurry to get to the art museum part.

No comments: