Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Quit Explaining.

One time a buddy of mine goes, "Quit explaining yourself, man! It makes you sound guilty."

My response was in the affirmative: "I don't give a damn how I sound! My purpose is not to seem."

Later on, though, I realized we were both right. But what am I going to do about it? I need to be clear!

It's more important to be clear than to seem clear.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so true. You don't want your glass of water to SEEM clear then find out there's actually vodka in it!

Oh wait, yes you do.

Bad example.

dogimo said...

You have a way of making a good point with a bad example.

I feel like I have a similar habit or tendency myself! I just can't think of a bad example right now.