Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Laying It All Out

Look, I know a lot of the time I may be in the midst of a temporary crisis of self-confidence, but I don't want there to be any misunderstanding on this point: I think I'm an awesome person.

I'm not ashamed of that. And I'm not the slightest bit uncomfortable about saying it. A bit incredulous, maybe. I can't believe how awesome I am!

But I am, though. I'm that awesome. I'm awesome and then some.

Be clear: It's not that I think I'm any better than other people. I don't. I'm not. I am constantly SHOCKED at how awesome so many other people are, and yet they don't even seem to notice it, they don't ever seem to acknowledge it. So I live my whole life in an effort to rub my awesomeness right in peoples' FACE! This is a necessary corrective measure. This is what will force the reevaluation. The first thing will be: they will have to stand back and realize just how awesome I am - no getting around that. But then, as I keep hot doggin' it right down the line, show-boatin' it, giving them a little something more that they wouldn't expect and are quite frankly, getting a little sick of, well at some point that gets them to rethink the juxtaposition there, between the observed and the observer, vis-a-vis awesomeness, so as to finally conclude (in a roundabout way, via a slow-dawning epiphany of indignation), "Hey! What the hell. This guy's no better than I am!"

At which point I drop the guard, give 'em a grin and a welcoming wink. As if to say That's right: no better than you! And guess what that says about you! Then they realize they've been tricked a bit, but it's too late because they're staring it in the face. They can't deny the truth about themselves anymore. Welcome to awesome.

I've been trying to tell you all along, you were already here!

No comments: