Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, February 12, 2010

A Little More Organized Pt.2: Am I Getting Too Organized?

  • Monday: Work-Related (featuring various work-related posts, which could include Workplace Erotic Fiction)
  • Tuesday: Blog-Related (featuring my own expert blogging tips, tricks, advice and pleas for assistance!)
  • Wednesday: It's a Puzzle-Riddle-Contest-Game-Fun Day! (featuring my hit Name That Tune lyrics paraphrase puzzler, or other fun riddling business!)
  • Thursday:
  • Friday: Fiction Friday?
  • Saturday:
  • Sunday: God-Blog Theological Sundays (during the off-season only, of course)

Fiction Friday? Can I keep that up? Fiction is hard. I mean, actual "make up a story about a character or characters" fiction. Fiction about my daily life, that's every damn day already anyway.

Well, I'll give it a crack at any rate. Let's say the commitment on the others is a good solid one on-topic post per week on the designated day, but the commitment on Fiction Friday is more flexible. Like, it could be every Friday, or every other Friday, or otherwise as necessary.

3 comments:

limom said...

You know if you get stuck and can't do original material on Fridays, you could, uh, try finishing some of the stories you already posted.
Like "part two: fridays" or something.
Still waiting to see what happened to the guy with the ice pick in his ear. Is it available for purchase online?

Elliott said...

This sort of thing requires commitment, but I find that having theme days keeps me writing. Once you set the expectation, it's tough knowing you're letting people down.

And by you I mean me.

dogimo said...

@limom - well, I consider part 2s to be just as original as part ones! It's still original material.

Now the ice pick situation...based on what I know about what's happening there, unless I can figure a real creative way out of it, that's going to be a VERY SHORT part 2! Otherwise, that dude's up shit creek with Poor Bee and the others.

@Elliott -I'm trying to go easy on me commitment-wise because I'm the type who if I lapse once, the whole thing's broken and over. So I'm keeping it firm on the broad-topic commitments for Sun/Mon/Weds, but fiction's tough - for me the premise comes first and while they come to me pretty sweetly, I can't just sit down and think one up. So I'm trying to balance the amount of leeway.

I definitely agree that some structure can help out though! I don't know if it's a permanent thing for me or a phase, but I felt like it needed some structure.