Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Name That Tune #2!

"She was a rapid gadget.
her engine was spotless.
she was superior to all
other women in my experience.
she was blind, but honest.
She rendered me unconscious
with her upper legs of U.S. origin.
She took a greedy portion,
I was in danger of asphyxiation
she beckoned me over but I was there by then.
It was like being in an earthquake
with a headache,
as we were manufacturing it
and I was jostled by you for the duration of the evening
yes, I was jostled by you for the duration of the evening"

5 comments:

Mel said...

I'm probably too late (being from the future sucks some times) but for what it's worth...

Accadacca - You Shook Me All Night Long.

dogimo said...

CORRECT!! Score 1 for Mel!

And a fine song it is, too.

See, good thing you guessed!

blue said...

Joe used this song in a back-and-forth game of this type elsewhere, and people who hadn't quite understood the rules came in and said the most hilarious things. I answered correctly as you did, and someone said they didn't know what song it really was, but it wasn't ACDC's You Shook Me All Night Long, then proceeded to say the actual lyrics. I was nearly hysterical when I saw that and thought it had to be a joke, because his substitute lyrics are so dead on it could never be another song, because it would be a total ripoff (or even a version of) You Shook Me.

My favorite bit is "her upper legs of U.S. origin." Although "I was jostled by you for the duration of the evening" may tie.

Mel said...

Hurrah for me!. How awesome. I’ve never won much before. I hope there’s a statuette. I have a long-held desire to walk across a stage, go up to a lectern, accept a figurine, sweep my gaze across the adoring crowd of fans, and start my speech of thanks with the immortal lines …”I stand here tonight on legs of fire…”

PS: We will have to agree to disagree about it being a fine song!

Mel said...

It had me at "She was a rapid gadget..."

:-D