Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thought of the Day: A Double-Edged Sword

Okay, I know it's got this whole dangerous reputation and all, but I don't think you're really any likelier to cut yourself with your own sword, just because it's double-edged. I mean, most swords are double-edged. You hold it by the handle. As long as you're not a klutz, you'll be fine.

Even with a single-edged sword, you can cut yourself just as easily! If you're a klutz, I mean.

You're really better off leaving swords alone entirely, at that point.

5 comments:

Mel said...

Sometimes you don’t have a choice. Sometimes you have to pick up the sword. And if it’s double-edged, well, inevitably someone’s gonna get hurt. No other scenario is available. A single-edged sword, well, you’re in with a chance. Double-edged… you’re stuffed either way. At least, that’s my interp.

But then, I am a hand-to-hand combat kinda girl anyway, so what would I know.

HIIIIIIII-YAH!!!

dogimo said...

I don't know, Mel. I'm guessing any time I whip out a sword of any edgedness, that's going to signal a general "stand down" among the other combatants - unless one of them plans to up the armament ante.

With a concealed halberd, perhaps.

Anyway, I don't mess with swords anymore. I LEARNED BETTER.

Mel said...

I agree, I've seen the way you own that Samurai meditation sword. That was fierce.

Wow, I just wiki'd-up halberd. Not sure you can conceal one of those, the smallest one is as long as me. Gruesome!

Damn, I love the late middle-ages.

And the sword vid... loved it, loved it, loved it. I want that dude's hair/wig.

Sean Scully said...

If you are dealing with a single-edged sword, that just means you might be a cavalry officer with a way-cool saber. And how cool is a Cavalry Saber? Way Cool. Let me tell you.

dogimo said...

Especially as a champagne-bottle opener! A classier move than that would be harder to pull.

Ah, le sabrage.