Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Saturday, March 06, 2010

"Chip Away The Stone" - Aerosmith



"Chip Away The Stone" - Aerosmith

Aw yeyas! Ka-Rock-a-Rock-A-rock-A-ROCK-Kahhhh! No wait, that's not what he says. He says, ack-ack-ackack-ack-ack-OW! OW! OWWWW! AKKA-AKKA-AKKA-OW!!!

I was pretty close. He doesn't say that in this song anyway.

This is pretty much my favorite song of theirs. Yeah, I know. Kind of a dark horse pick. It's just emblematic of how I roll.

2 comments:

limom said...

"Sweet Emotion" for me.

dogimo said...

"Sweet Emotion" is almost inarguably the finer piece of music. The sonic depth, the dexterous complexity - but all without sacrificing one iota of power! The tripped-out moodiness of the bass-based intro groove, that keeps coming back in under the refrain's lush and languorous, drawn-out harmonies, always giving way to that verse riff - positively butt-slapped in its abrupt chop and crunch! Tart lyrics, and all very well sung. There's not a damn thing bad that anyone can say about "Sweet Emotion," except for those of us for whom "I've heard it too many times" is considered the song's fault.

Having said that, this one up here - "Chip Away The Stone" - man, that just kicks me where it counts. It's got that stripped-bare bluesy groove pop and sizzle that butters my brand-name biscuits with the real stuff, and lordy I can't ask for more or better. That's just rock and roll.