Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Name That Tune #9!

Questions will be posted each Wednesday at noon Pacific Time, 12pm. Submit your comments NAMING THE SONG that is being paraphrased. Answers will be posted after 5pm! Once answers are posted, scoring is closed. Scoring is as follows:

First correct answerer gets: 1 point!
Tardy correct answerer gets: 0.3 point!

NAME THAT TUNE:

"I purchased my first true guitar in a small local retail establishment
I practiced on it excessively, during the hottest months of that year.
I was in a band at the time, with my scholastic chums. We did our best
eventually the others fell by the wayside. That's life, should've expected it.
As I reminisce, that season seemed interminable.
And given my druthers, that's where I'd be right now.
Those halcyon days surpassed all that came after.
Affirmative! Back during the hottest months of that particular year."

3 comments:

Mel said...

"Summer of '69" Bryan Adams

J-Bird said...

Summer of 69 by Bryan Adams! Whoot!!

dogimo said...

Mel takes first prize with a full point!

J-Bird gets on the board with the "tardy but correct answer" bonus of 0.3 points!

The tally now stands at:

Mel: 5
Ell: 3.3
Sean: 1
J-Bird: 0.3

Man, what bothers me is I can't guess these.