Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Friday, March 19, 2010

What I'm Going To Refer To Myself As From Now On #4

From now on, I'm going to refer to myself as "The Precipice."

The Precipice.

That'll allow me to say stuff like: "Don't mess with The Precipice." Or, "Step away from The Precipice." I think it works.

The Precipice.

Is that how you spell it? It looks really weird.

The Precipice.

Maybe it's just the capitalization. Making it look weird.

The precipice.

The Precipice.

The precipice.

I think it definitely needs to be capitalized. It loses heft, otherwise.

Remember, when you look over The Precipice, The Precipice looks you over as well.

You might want to consider keeping well back. From The Precipice.

6 comments:

Elliott said...

Step away from the Precipice? Who the heck says that?

dogimo said...

Nobody, man! These aren't sayings. If other people were already saying it I'd just be a me-too Tommy-tardy!

I'm not trying to run with the existing proverbs on this one, I'm just coming up with ominous catchphrases that best showcase my new self-chosen nickname. That hint of danger, of warning. It's like, you don't want to step to The Precipice! Without being...really, really careful. So you don't slip and fall, and hurt yourself. Or if somebody comes up behind you, gives you a shove, you might end up stumbling right into The Precipice - equally bad.

What I'm saying is, The Precipice is ME. I'm The Precipice.

It could even be said that I behave in a precipitous manner.

Anonymous said...

'The Situation' is going to totally try and kick your ass. But he'll lose because he's a pansy-ass orange person and you have your giant intellect to baffle him with.

Mel said...

I think it has Hollywood Blockbuster potential. I also think Billy Zane should play the lead.

By day, Cliff Ridge is a mild-mannered (I’ve never really understood what mild-manners are, but all super-heroes seem to have them) geologist. But when night falls (in blockbusters the night always seems to fall, so I’m sticking with that) he becomes … The Precipice.

The tag could be “The Precipice: He’s a straight-up-and-down kinda guy”

Or… “The Precipice: If You Get Too Close You’ll Fall For Him Too”

And you’re right; precipice does look weird written down. It looks a bit like recipe.

dogimo said...

@The Vegetable Assassin - no offense to fans of The Situation, but I suspect that if he had the bad sense to jump bad, he'd find his chin situated in the roof of his mouth - courtesy of my invisibly-fast front snap kick. That's really the only kick in the repertoire I've kept up with over the years. But you only really need one, though. Man, my side kick is awful now! I really need to tune up a bit. Get reconditioned.

dogimo said...

@Mel - to me, it just kept looking like Latin or something!

Billy Zane is just a sad story of missed potential. Hollywood doesn't know what to do with the guy, and he's got so much to offer!

"Cliff Ridge"! You're killing me, Melvis!

"Mild manners" are just, you know, kind of inoffensive, kind of...actually, you know what? I'm not really sure. I'm kind of strong mannered myself.