Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, April 29, 2010

EARTH MONTH? Earth Month? Now wait just a minute.

I only just saw this this morning, but apparently some organizations and entities are referring to an "Earth Month." Now, it's a good cause and all, but enough is enough. And do they mean April or May? I clicked a couple places, but they don't specify what month they mean! Shoddy. If they mean May, I call that shitty planning more than anything else, to have Earth Day in April. But if they mean April, well I hate to pull rank but April Is Poetry Month. STEP OFF, Earth.

Heck, even just having an Earth Day is pretty fucking discriminatory against Mars, when you think about it. We're all up there, tear-assing around the red dusty hills in our remote-control probes - don't those things have a carbon footprint? Where's the awareness for Mars, huh?

"Earth Month" can kiss my grits. End of in-depth analysis.

No comments: