Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Monday, April 26, 2010

I'm Through With Naming Songs!

I am writing too many songs, too fast. I don't have time to name them anymore! Naming them was slowing me down, and not my forte! I write the song, is that not enough? Let someone else name the song! Does not a Pulitzer-winning journalist have someone else to slap the headline on? You bet he does!

Or she.

Someone else will just have to do it. Someone will come after me, and name the songs I leave behind in my wake. Someone else with the time and inclination to do so. Hopefully not the guy in charge of naming New Order songs! Some great songs, they had - but absolutely not named worth a damn. Whoever named those songs, he had no knack for it.

I won't say "Or she," there. I have reasonable confidence in Gillian Gilbert's sound sense and reasonableness. I can't believe she was the source of the problem.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to write a lot of songs. Now I am in a dry period but I've discovered I'm really good at writing song TITLES. :) I have pages and pages of them. Now they just need...songs. Yes.

limom said...

You know, I never got Age of Consent.
Then again, I never really listened to the words.

dogimo said...

@VA - do you mean...are you thinking what I'm thinking...?!??!!!!!

@limom - see, that's the problem with New Order songs. I'm not even sure which one that is!