Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Infamy At A Pool Hall #5

Once again, Infamy At A Pool Hall! I can't believe some of the piggish things actually said out loud at the weekly pool session, by person or persons right there at my own table! From amongst that same group of regulars, who you would never suspect capable of such utterances, if only you only knew them only from their eminently professional work personae. The only way I can even deal with the cognitive dissonance of that harsh juxtaposition is to post snippets of those shameful things (plus some non-shameful remarks for flavor and context) right here. On the blog.

"I think everybody here would be a lot better off if we didn't couch our points in needlessly inflammatory rhetoric. I'm not saying anyone here has done that."

"I said the shot needs strong English, not strong language."

"Pool is the purest game there is that involves balls."

"Ahhhhh. That's a nice, cold glass of beer. What is this?" "Sierra Nevada, mah man." "Same old, same good!"

"You know what, Dan? Dudes like you and me are in short supply. If one of us died, there would be only half of us left."

"Six in the side."

"I hate this song, man. Man, I really hate this song. If the hottest chick I knew was like, alright I'll give you a bl** job, but this song's gotta be playing while I do it, I would be like: 'FINE. Just get it over with already.'"

"If it goes in off the eight, is that still legal?" "What do you think??"

"Every life is an equal collaboration between the individual, and the universe."

"Okay, politics, you want to talk politics? Here's my take on politics! Sometimes we all, as a society, we go: 'the system doesn't work, it's too hard to get anything decided. Everyone's all tied up in their bureaucracy and their vested interests, there's a big roadblock and nothing gets done. We need to just bust up the system a bit, give one dude the power to do what has to happen.'" "Yeah?" "Yeah, that's what happens. Inevitably." "So what are you saying?" "I'm saying: that's a bad move." "I'd agree."

"I'm going to call the eight ball in left corner pocket off the break, here." "DO IT."

"So what do you think about Amanda? She's been kind of vibing me lately. She's giving me this vibe like, oh, I'm not particularly interested in this guy but he's alright I guess." "Yeah, she's hot. I'd say go for it." "I'm not really into it." "Well okay then - problem solved!" "Yeah I guess. Thanks for putting it in perspective!"

"Dude. Level with me here, okay? Serious. Does God exist?" "Yes! Hell yes God does."

No comments: