Do You Feel Lucky?

(and feel free to comment! My older posts are certainly no less relevant to the burning concerns of the day.)

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Internet Wrecks Our Dreams, and I'll Tell You Why Pt.2

Say, if anybody thinks the previous post is depressing, keep in mind: the dreams in question are only subject to being wrecked if our priorities are all screwed up in the first place. If we've got the wrong dreams.

Because as I said in an even-more-previous other post, if your dream is to make art, then nobody on Earth can stop you. But if your dream is to make a living at art, well. You're kind of a sell-out, aren't you? A sell-out before you even see a dime!

2 comments:

limom said...

Now I'm confused.

dogimo said...

Well, I'm just saying there's no reason to be discouraged if you can't get rich and famous doing what you love, because that's the wrong reason to be doing it anyhow.